Explore | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | March/April 2018 Kit

I am having such a blast in the Facebook group by bringing you live scrap along videos. If you aren't already in the Facebook group then please come over and join us. I am to do a scrap along at least once every 2 weeks and its so much fun!!

So this layout is what I created during todays scrap along live.



I layered 2 patterned papers behind a piece of white cardstock (which I had trimmed down to 11x11). I just had these peeking out to the left hand side of my layout.

I went with a colour way of black and white and then added in splashes of green.

Green is my least favourite colour and try and avoid it when scrapbooking if I possibly can, however, using the papers behind the white cardstock enabled me to use it with only a peek of it showing.

If you wish to make the most out of your patterned paper then be sure to cut into the middle of your paper and just use the outer frame (unlike me on this occasion!)

I then fussy cut out the mason jar from the Twilight cut apart sheet and this enabled me to tuck in all those floral pieces underneath it. I mirrored the florals to the top right of the photo also and added a wood button to each cluster.

I even added a lone wood button to the bottom right of the page. This was strategically placed after having a little accident with the ink splatters that I had added. Whilst I was sticking my title down, I put my hand into the wet ink splatters and smudged them everywhere. Nothing a wood button cannot fix!!

I tried a technique on this layout also where I created my own patterned paper by using an offset of white card and repeat stamped a few of the sentiments from the Heidi Swapp stamp set all across the off cut. I made sure to have some of the stamps hanging over the edge also and placed this as the final layer underneath my photo. I love how this turned out and will be certainly doing this again - perhaps with different coloured inks?!




And here is the layout in its full glory. I hope you can join me next time for Facebook live inspiration!! Be sure to try out some of these techniques - especially using those stamps to make your own backgrounds!!

See you again soon.

Claire 

No comments:

Post a Comment