Beach Day Getaway - May/June 2018 Kits

Hi! Leo here with my latest layout using the new May/June 2018 kits. Specifically with this layout I used the lite kit along with sequins from the embellishment kit and Brusho from the main kit so hopefully you'll get a bit of inspiration if you have bits from those kits. :)

 
To begin with I created the background to the layout using the Sea Green Brusho from the main kit and some white cardstock. I used the packaging from the Crate Paper speciality sheet to create the background. You could also use the packaging from the Thickers in the Lite kit in the same way.
First I sprinkled a little of the sea green Brusho on to the plastic.
 
 
Then added some water to it, about 4 sprays. If you don't have a spray bottle to re-use you can splash some water on with a paint brush.
 
 
Then I tipped the plastic sheet up to make it run a little bit.

 
Next I took a sheet of 12x12 inch white card and pressed it over the top of the plastic sheet.
 
 
And this is what I got when I lifted it off. S it's kind of like a mono print. One good thing about making a background this way around that I found is that my card didn't warp as I never added the water to it. One tip I can pass on though if you do add the water to your card is to wet both sides of the card and that way it will keep flatter as it dries out.
 
 
While my Brusho background dried I created a sequin pocket.
First I cut out a triangle template from a piece of paper, I made a 3x3 inch square first then cut off the edges to make the triangle shape. I placed the template on some plastic, (from an old page protector) and stitched around two sides with the sewing machine.
 
 
I kept the pocket under the machine while I added the sequins inside it using the last remaining open edge. Then stitched that up to seal them inside.
 
 
Once it was finished I cut it away from the plastic sheet.
 
 
I used the same paper triangle template to cut out four pieces of patterned paper, (these are all lite kit ones).

 
I glued them to the Heidi Swapp paper sheet in the lite kit  and cut them out to leave a border. I also did this with my photos. My photos started off life 3x4 inches but I cut them down a little bit more.

 
Now my background's dry it was time to start piecing together the layout. I added the photos first then started to add the triangles leaving spaces to add my title bits.
 
 
The 'beach day' piece was cut out from the Here+There Photo Op paper in the Lite kit
 
 
I used the Thickers from the lite kit to add titles and a few of the leafy bits.
 
To make sure the sequin pocket was fixed to the page I added some more stitching.
 
 
As a last finishing touch I decided to add some stamping using the stamp set from the March/April main kit, mainly because I still have my bag of bits from that kit out on my desk so I thought why not! I also really like the contrast of black in on this lovely blue/green Brusho.

 
Hope you're enjoying your new kits as much as I am!
x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment