BBQ Time | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | May/June 2018

Hello everyone...

I'm back with another layout using the current kit and I need to confess something. Green is not my colour so this kit was something that I thought I would really struggle with. But, I have made it work. And how have I done that? I have paired the green colours with other colours that I love and I think I have found a new way to incorporate colours into my scrapbooking that I ordinarily wouldn't include.

Wanna see some photos?

I loved the cards from the custom card kit. I usually use these in my project life or travellers notebook, but I also use these in my scrapbook layouts. They are perfect for creating a grid design and that is exactly what I have done here (loosely).

So I started with a strip of the aqua green paper measuring about 4 inches wife and laid this horizontally across the middle of the page. This was going to be the basis of where my design was going to go.

I chose 6 of the custom cards (all 3x4) and used 3 of them as they were and laid these horizontally along the strip so half of the card was on the strip and half was on the white cardstock. I then used the other 3 but cut them down to 3x3 inches and placed these underneath the top 3 cards.

I then set about embellishing each of these cards. I knew I wanted to put my photo onto the top middle card so I left that one until last. I added on the camera from the Wild Heart sticker sheet from the Main kit and to this I layered underneath some of the holographic gold leaves from the clear stickers in the Custom Card Kit. I loved how this looked and it really toned down the green colour.

I then added the hexagonal acrylic piece to the centre bottom card. I needed this pop of black and also the layout was very square and so this shape really broke up the monotony of a square pattern also. This is a great tip if things are too square.....add another shape in to break it up!! You can see the word Sun Shine on the top right card and these are also clear stickers from the Custom Card Kit.

I added a stay wild sticker and again layered underneath this the holographic gold clear stickers. I did add a little cluster to the top right of the layout also....another great way of breaking up the shape of a grid layout. This was a mixture of the stickers from the Main Kit and the clear stickers from the custom card kit.

Here is my third tip for breaking up the grid design - Ensure that you don't just embellish inside the squares - make the embellishments come outside of the squares to break up those harsh lines.

And here is the final layout. I hope that this has bought you ideas and inspiration and don't forget to share what you have made over on the Quirky Kits Facebook Group.

See you very soon.....




No comments:

Post a Comment