Chill Out It's Summer | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | May/June 2018

Hello friends....

I've been having lots of fun with the current kit and bring you another layout using this kit.

I have worked on a white piece of cardstock for this layout so I could use the pink and blue floral leaf paper. Having too much of this paper on one layout I think would be too much so setting it onto white and just using hints of the paper really helps to tone the whole layout down.

I layered this paper with the aqua watercolour paper (my absolute fave from the kit) and this formed the basis of my background.

I chose a photo of some friends at the beach as when I think of summer, the first thing I think of is a beach photo.

I matted this onto one of the cards from the custom card kit (which is a great way to use the custom cards and they're not necessarily just for project life!!).

I then added another card from the custom card kit as my title and backed this onto yet another card and layered this over my photo.

I didn't add any embellishments onto this card and I love the pop of white on the layout that it gives.



Next onto adding some details. So I decided to add on a sub title and I used the Kaisercraft alphas to do this. I found a quote on Pinterest and used the top and bottom white edges to place the quote.

These alphas co-ordinate really well with the aqua watercolour paper. A little hint for these alphas - they don't seem to want to stick very well so pop a little dot of glue before sticking them down. I found that they'd all fallen off when I went back to the layout a week later so i'll give you this hint to save you the heartache later on. Or stitch through them would be another idea?! I then fussy cut the envelopes from the Here and There collection and decided to add stickers and sentiments onto each of these and this is where the main area of my embellishments would be. I normally embellish around the photo but wanted to try something a little different this time - and I really like it!

And here is the finished layout. This was very quick to come together and I love how it turned out.

Thanks for reading my blogpost and i'll see you all again very soon!!

Claire



No comments:

Post a Comment