Fun with Brusho

Hi Leo here again!

I've been playing around with Brusho this week and I've put together some ideas you could try out. The first one I tried out was a bubble wrap monoprint and the second technique I tried out was to stamp with Brusho.
I filmed my processes for both techniques you can see here:



For the bubble wrap monoprint you'll need your Brusho, (I'm using the Brusho Gamboge from the current Lite kit). A piece of bubble wrap and something to add water to it with, I'm using an old empty cosmetic spray bottle to spray water onto the Brusho to activate it. I also used a little tape to hold down my card to help it dry flat.

For the Brusho stamping you'll need your Brusho, a piece of plastic packaging, a paint brush and water, (in your spray bottle or you can dab it from a paintbrush). While I played around with the technique I discovered that the best impressions were made using deep cut stamps with simple designs. Some stamps I have are kind of etched with the etched design quite shallow on the stamp. These kinds of stamps didn't work as the Brusho just pooled into the design and didn't pick up the details. I tried out both red rubber wood block stamps and cling stamps and both worked so long as the design was a deep cut one.

Once I'd done experimenting I put together a layout with the bits and pieces I'd created:

 
The background was the bubble wrap monoprint I created in the video and then I used all the off cut bits of white card I had for the Brusho stamping and cut those out into pieces. I've then layered those along the top of the page and fixed them down with stitching. I cut out one of the phrases from the Crate Paper Willow Lane paper in the Lite kit. The frame I cut out from the Aberdeen paper from the Lite kit using my paper trimmer to cut out the middle of the sheet and leave the 1/4 inch wide frame piece that I've glued to the outside edge of my page. I had the Pinkfresh Studio die cuts from the main kit on my desk so I added four of those just to finish it off.
 
Hope the video's inspired you to have a go at these ideas with your Brusho! It's really fun to just play around with and see what comes out. You could use the same principles to make a print using anything that has a texture.

xx Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment