Simple and Sweet - Natalie

Hi everyone, 

I'm finally back with a new blog post, it feels like forever since I last wrote one, as I've been away in Sri Lanka for 2 months this summer (look out for plenty of layouts featuring photos from my trip in the coming months).

Today I'm here with my first layout using the July/ August 2018 kit. 

Supplies used:

Main Kit:
- White cardstock
- Pinkfresh Studio Simple and Sweet Happy Life Paper
- Pinkfresh Studio Simple and Sweet Ephemera pack

Extras shop:
- Pinkfresh Studio Simple and Sweet Puffy Stickers

Own stash:
- Enamel dots 




 Firstly I took the Happy Life paper which is made up of lots of strips of different patterns and I cut them all into strips. I laid a few of the strips of various sizes on the left hand side of the white cardstock. Allowing me to create a layout which looks like I have used multiple sheets of paper, rather than just one.


I mounted my square photo on white cardstock and used foam pads to lift the photo off the strips to help it stand out.

Next I worked on my embellishing by fussy cutting flowers and lemon slices from another sheet of the same paper using the floral strip.


I often try to use a visual triangle on my layouts so I added a second cluster of paper strips and flowers to the top right of the layout. Adding coloured flowers from the ephemera pack and enamel dots from my stash. 


To complete the triangle I added another cluster in the bottom right corner. I added 2 fussy cut flowers and another strip of patterned paper to ground the cluster. I used to hate all the & icons in scrapbooking, I just couldn't understand when you would use them, until I realised you can use them on any layout of two people together! 
I used my laptop to print out 3 journalling strips with a typewriter font. 


For my title I used another puffy sticker, which compliments the blue and orange in the papers perfectly. 
I added an orange flower from the ephemera pack, as well as the "you feel like sunshine" ephemera piece. 


Thanks for reading, see you soon with my next layout!

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment