Two Ways To Create Texture

Hi, Leo here.

I've been creating with my new July/August Quirky Kit goodies this week. Both layouts use texture but in two different ways. I'm just starting a homemade mini book project too so look out for that project popping up over the weekend.
Back to these layouts, here's the first one:

 
I created it based on a challenge to use something that doesn't get much love in my stash any more. I dug out my embossing folders:
 
I've not used these in literally years, and years so they were due a dust down! If you've not used these before, the idea is you add your paper or card to the inside of the folder then roll it through a die cutting machine and it embosses the pattern into the card.
 
I cut out the circles of plain white cardstock first and then rolled them through the embossing folder to get the pattern/texture on the pieces. While I was using my circle dies I decided to cut out my photos in circles too and it meant I could add all of the photos I had onto my page along with lots of embellishments, which I like! More is more ;) The outside edge I cut out from one of the Pinkfresh Studio papers from the main kit, using my paper trimmer to cut out the frame then stitched it down with machine stitching. The tag is from the Custom Card kit labels pack, the frames from the embellishment kit and the die cuts from the main kit.
 
 
Here's the second layout:
 
 
This one was based on a sketch by Laura Rumble. I started with the blue tartan paper from the main kit, cut into a 20 cm square then cut in half diagonally to make a triangle. I glued that down then added some of the gold texture paste, (from the embellishment kit) spreading/scraping it on to the white card with a scrap piece of cardstock, so it popped out from the triangle edge. I also used a pencil eraser to add some dots of it too. This is the scrap sheet of card I tested it on first:
 
 
Once that dried I punched out some star shapes from it to use as extra embellishments.
 
I then added some more tucked under the edge of the triangle. Paper strips, (the Pinkfresh Studio Happy Life sheet with all the different pattern stripes on it cut apart) and some of the Pinkfresh die cuts, (both from the main kit). One of the pieces is a piece of the Pebbles paper with the cut out squares on, cut out with a scallop circle die. I popped one of the pocket watch brads to the side of it.
 
Along with the die cuts I added some punched out stars and paper pieces, (made with a hole punch). I just wanted to add some more of that navy colour to the layout so I punched it out of the paper.


As a final touch I added one of the gold glitter phrase Thickers, (main kit) and some of the little glitter stickers to add to the title.

As I mentioned earlier I'll be back this weekend to share a mini book project. It's a journal I've made from sheets of scrapbook papers so it's a great project if you have a kit unused as you can just grab your kit and create a whole project with it.

xx Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment