Cousins | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | July/August 2018

One of my favourite things to do is share my layouts being made live on Facebook on the Quirky Kits Facebook group. This is something that is going to be a regular feature every 2 weeks and I love seeing layouts made by others during this live scrap along.

The layout I made today took roughly 30 minutes so this is great especially if you find yourself short of time.
I took inspiration from a sketch I found online by Amy Kingsford based on a layout by Kelly Noel.






 I absolutely love using the custom cards from the custom card kit, in as many different ways as possible. One of my go to techniques is to use them on a scrapbook page and this sketch was absolutely perfect for one of the 3x4 cards to be used.

I then placed the photos, all backed on some white cardstock, around this card in almost a grid formation.

Next I added a 1/2 inch strip of patterned paper at the top and bottom of the layout. This was to help contain the layout as I was working on a light coloured background. An alternative to this would be to draw a border around the edges of the layout, or remove a 1/4 inch from around each side and mat the layout onto a darker piece of cardstock or patterned paper.

I then added a couple of thin strips of patterned paper to the left of the photos, keeping in line with the details on the sketch.

I then embellished in 3 areas, using the amazing layered stickers (Pebbles Patio Party) from the Main Kit.

I then added a piece of ephemera into each cluster and this was to move the black around the page as the black was featured underneath the custom card and needed moving over to the left hand side of the page also.

I then added a few gems which were from the Extras Shop, and I tucked 2 of these into each cluster.









And here is the final layout. I loved the composition of this one and it came together so quickly and easily - especially with the help of a sketch.

See you back here again soon for another layout from this kit. And be sure to join me every other Tuesday (2 weeks from today) for another Scrapalong Live.

Claire xx






No comments:

Post a Comment