Lazy Days and Sun Rays | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | July/August 2018

My favourite time of the week is 7pm on a Tuesday evening (fortnightly) and this is because I get to do a Facebook Live video for the Quirky Kit community over on Facebook!

So this week I was working with a sketch I found online by Lisa Hidy. And here it is -
I was inspired to use this as I had quite a bit of paper left in my kit and I loved the challenge of trying to incorporate the layers. That was my plan!
My plan soon turned into something completely different. However, I did draw inspiration from the top and bottom borders of the sketch (I just missed all the layers in the middle). Some more muted papers would have worked fine but I only had busy patterned papers left to work with. But a sketch is only a design guide and its there for inspiration.
So, onto my layout....
I loved the floral paper from Pink Fresh Studios and knew it was destined to be fussy cut! I grabbed my scissors and I am like a woman possessed when I am fussy cutting and hacked away at the patterned paper until I had 3 flower clusters cut out (I only actually used 2). One of the flower clusters was going to be used to the top right of the layout and one to the bottom left - with the photos placed somewhere between. I added into each cluster a circular element to break up the straight lines and even tucked a tag behind one of the photos. I used the tab from the Pink Fresh Die Cut pack to create my title. These photos really didn't need a bigger title as there wasn't really a story to tell but the die cut piece said "Lazy Days and Sun Rays" which was perfect for these photos. 

I then added in a few Tim Holtz tiny word stickers (from my stash) and added some white pen lines onto the black patterned paper - and hey presto. This layout took me less than 40 minutes and that included the time it took for the fussy cutting. And the layout was finished pretty quickly and for someone that loves white backgrounds (thats me, guilty as charged), I love the blue background on this one.


Thanks for reading and i'll see you back here in 2 weeks!!

Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment