Seek Out The Joy

Hello everyone! How are you all?
I'm here today with my 2nd layout! After a tonne of sewing, sore and pricked fingers and a few choice words (hehe) It is finally finished.
Here is what I used and how I created it.

From the Main Kit:
  • PFS Simple and Sweet - Good Company 12x12 paper
  • PFS Simple and Sweet -  Denim fabric Die Cuts
  • PFS Simple and Sweet - Ephemera Pack
  • American Crafts - Gold Glitter alpha stickers
  • Gold Pocket Watch Decorative Brad
From the Lite Kit:
  • PFS Simple and Sweet - Fresh Air 12x12 paper
From my own stash:
  • Multi Coloured Threads
From the extras shop:
  • PFS The Mix#2 Puffy Stars
Here's how I created my layout :)

First I used my Sizzix stamping secret mat with the pokey tool to punch lots of holes around the heart outlines. If you don't have this, a simple mouse mat with a sharp implement such as a needle or pin would work. I used a selection of different coloured threads from my own stash, with no real colour theme in mind. Once I'd used each colour once I decided I wanted to repeat the colours again. I wanted the heart to be quite big and bold and stand out.

Once I'd finally finished all the stitching (it took me a few days on and off) I arranged where I wanted my photographs to go and started laying out the ephmera and other cut aparts i'd chosen and layered them under/over the photographs before adhering anything down (as pictured below)

Once I was happy with how they all looked I popped some adhesive underneath trying not to move anything. I used some of the cut apart labels from the PFS Fresh Air paper that came in the Lite kit and also some of the Demin Fabric die cuts. These added some bold elements that your eyes are automatically drawn to.

To finish off I used the American Crafts gold glitter alphas to pop the date onto a piece of the PFS ephemera and layered some more pieces with it to make my 3rd cluster. I also popped in the gold pocket watch decorative brad from the main store in the bottom left hand corner as I wanted to bring in a tad more gold. They are so freaking cute, I love them!
Some small puffy stars from the extras store were added as a finishing touch.


Here is the finished layout and I love it! Such bright fun colours and summery elements which went perfectly with my holiday photo's taken in Torquay. 

I will be back next week with my 3rd layout using the July/August kit. Don't forget to add your layouts to the Quirky Kit Facebook group as we love to see what you're creating and how you've used your kit.
Until then...Happy Scrapping Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment