· Mix different sized squares of patterned paper over the top of a length of trim or long narrow piece of paper.
· Layer stitching over the top or use doodling.
· Add a subtitle layered underneath the title.
· Try a 8.5x11 size layout.
· Use layers of patterned papers in blocks and strips.
· Add some hand cut out hearts. Make your hearts by folding a small square of paper in half then cutting out half the heart shape. Open out to reveal your heart shape. Add them to your layout and stitch down the centre along the fold.
· Add a layer of machine stitching over your title.
· Make a ‘quilt’ pattern on your background using small squares of patterned paper and stitches or doodling over the top in a grid.
· Layer your photos using angles.
· Add a subtitle or journalling over the top of thin strips of patterned paper.
If you'd prefer you can download these sketches as a PDF here
Why not have a go at a sketch or any of the ideas and share what you make adding a link to the comments bellow.