Having a go

I felt like trying something a little bit different with the next layout. As soon as I tried it I panicked as I didn't think it had really worked.
Let's see what you think!
I used a mask with acrylic paint. I think that with hindsight the mask was a bit fiddly and I overused the paint. I was going to throw it out as a disaster but the cardstock came with the Quirky Kits kit and I didn't want to. Plus the pink matched the flowers perfectly. (As the green paper matched my friend's skirt to perfection - don't you just love it when that happens?) I decided to embrace imperfection and anyway it kind of, almost, echoes the brickwork of the church wall. That is what I am telling myself anyway. I added more paint around the outside. I built on a 6x12 canvas of patterned paper (also with paint on it for the journalling) and used the grey ribbon (goes with the oh so fashionable clerical shirts we are rocking) along the outside edge of the paper, stuck down using extra sticky dst (a red one).

When the paint was dry I added some spots of black Mr Huey. A few more layers of torn punchinella and washi tape helped to frame the page. I also used stamps from Imagine That and Banana Frog.

And I'm glad I persevered  - although next time I might stick to mist, ink or Distress Stain!

This is the last of my pages just using "I'm with the band". Tune in again soon to see how I "get into the grunge"!

No comments:

Post a Comment