Mixing and matching

With all the Quirky Kits I put together I try to make up the kits to be as usable as possible for lots of different page styles and subjects so I figured for my first play with the kits this month I'd do two contrasting styles of pages with the kits, one soft and kind of pretty and the other with bold more masculine feel.

I started out with a colour scheme in mind sticking with the softer tones of the greys, blues and yellows from the kits. With the first layout I've picked out the My Minds Eye papers from both the kits along with a little of the Studio Calico Yearbook paper from the main kit.



I cut out one of the speech bubbles from the Ready Set Go paper and one of the journalling spots from the 7 dots studio paper and added one of the Pink Paislee Photograms and an Elle's Studio tag also from the main kit. The mini alphabets from the Lite kit complimented the softer style of the page so I used those and I used the Prima stamp from the Lite kit in a soft grey ink, (Versafine Smokey Gray) to add a distressed effect to one corner. I used some Studio Calico colour mists, (white and Clay) to carry on the distressed look across the page to guide the focus across the page. The paper doily was left over from the 'Observations' main kit from June and it echos the doily patterns on the My Minds Eye papers.

For the next layout in contrast to the first I picked out the bolder colours focusing on the golds/oranges and green/blues.


I started with a white cardstock background and added a layer of the Mustard cardstock. I used the 7 dots studio paper in reverse, (the green side) with the Prima stamp over the top in black ink as a layer along with the  paper, a piece of the Yearbook paper, (using both sides) and a piece of the Punchinella, all from the main kit. For the title I cut out two of the speech bubbles from the 'Think Good Thoughts' paper and layered them up along with a heart I doodled onto one of the orange coloured speech bubbles and cut out. The tag from the main kit added the final layer and I threaded some of the ribbon from the main kit through then fixed it in place with glossy accents. The arrows I doodled onto scraps of the Ready Set Go 'To Do List' using both sides of the pattern.

So yeah, two different looks from the same two kits mixing and matching and using a colour theme to help pick out the elements. :)

Hope you're having fun with your kits. If you're a UK Scrappers forum member this week is Cyber Crop week and I've set one of the challenges which will be going up on Tuesday, (30th) at noon. There's no set class as it's a photo challenge but I have used Quirky Kit goodies for the sample and I'll do a write up on what I've done/used for the layout here on the blog on Tuesday too. Pop along and check out the Cyber Crop info here, http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=461

Happy scrapping!
x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment