Toil and trouble

We are not big on Halloween in our house, but the Get into the Grunge kit featured some awesome ribbon and paper that was just crying out for a themed page so I managed to track down one of the very few photos we have at all that would work.
And I just love the result!
The stamp makes for a fabulously grungy background. I trimmed the chevron paper to about 11x11 and then gutted the black cardstock so I was able to make a frame for the note card, an embossed tag and still have some left over for another project.
The layout was based on a sketch but I didn't make a note of it so if you recognise it could you let me know so I can acknoweldge it? Thanks.

I layered up the papers on one side adding the ribbon with a Tiny Attacher. I made some pennant shapes using a Dienamics die,  as a mat for the photo. Everything was given a heavy dose of black soot distress ink. I stuck the little camera charm by the side of the photo. I chopped the "note for you" tag so I could use it top and bottom of the photo.

The layout needed something else so I cut out three of the skulls and nested them on different size circles with a little black ribbon. It was just the right finishing touch
The journalling looks a little out of focus in the main photo so in case you are interested - here it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment