CHA new goodies highlights Part 1

I've been busy this past week browsing through lots of the new 2013 product catalogues in my inbox and I've picked out some of the more interesting/inspiring stuff from what I've seen so far for a round up. Some of these may find themselves in Quirky Kits over the coming months.

I've seen lots of interesting colour combinations and I think this one from the Fancy Pants 'Trendsetter' line is one of my favourites:



I've already picked up on this trend for mixing up soft pastels with darker bolder colours for the upcoming kits but this whole line works it perfectly with the mix of the pastel minty greens, soft pink and then the deeper red and navy. The patterned papers are cool too with a great mix of basic patterns that would be easy to work with.

On the theme of interesting colours this line from Glitz called 'Color me Happy' is defo one of the most colourful I've seen and I love it!
 
These are a couple of my stand out papers from the line:
 
I like how the opposite sides are plainer too so even though the colours are bright you could use both sides of the paper to temper the colours down on one layout or use the plain side if you weren't feeling the colour. And check out this cool roller stamp from the same line:
 
 
 
 
Another collection that caught my eye is the self titled one from scrapbooker Maggie Holmes  designed for Crate Paper. Some of the papers are really adorable and I particularly like these fabric Polaroid frames:
 
 

 
Defo got my eye on some of these for future kits!



Alison Kreft who designed the cute 'Everyday Ecclectic' line we had in last years summer kits has designed two new lines this time for Websters Pages 'Sweet Notes' and 'Color & Composition'. I'm liking some of the simpler patterns in these lines, the diagonal stripes and the chevrons/florals more than the illustrated ones here as they'll be great for everyday scrapping/cardmaking. Fab colours here yet again.



This next line from Cosmo Cricket caught my eye too, 'Sweet Disposition'. The fabric stickers look interesting and I like the mix of dark woodgrain with the ice cream colours along with the florals and ombre effects.




I've picked out a couple of things from GCD Studios that stuck out. These are from a collection called 'Sunkissed'. While the whole line is a summer theme I think these individually would work really well for everyday scrapping and again I'm loving these softer colours.

 
 
 
 
 
I spied these in the GCD Studios catalogue too that I thought looked interesting, maybe as an alternative to plain coloured cardstock for kits?
 
There are lots and lots of paper tapes around now but the best I've seen I think are these new ones from Jenni Bowlin as they'll work great with lots of different paper styles.
 
 
Another collection that caught my eye is this one by Authentique 'Renew'. I like the striking colours of the turquoise with the black and yellow. Some of these papers I think would look great with other colours mixed in though too, maybe a minty green and red?


I'm not sure why I like this next collection 'Sundrifter' by Studio Calico but I kind of do, lol! (it's reminding me of the 'Indie Girl' collection that Sassafras did which was one of my all times faves). There's a great mix up and I personally like to mix vintage with modern so I can see where some of these would work together. I particularly like the feathers and the handwritten text prints though.


More pretty papers and goodies that have caught my eye are these from a new Dear Lizzy collection for American Crafts called 'Lucky Charm'.


As with all the American Crafts lines there are some fab embellishments too check out these Thickers:
 
These are called 'Trinket Thickers' they're chipboard accent stickers.
 
These look intriguing too 'diecut cards'.

These look cool too, Thickers with holes along the tops so you can thread through twine or ribbon to make little garlands. There are other types of these across collections. These are from the Crate Paper DIY line.
From the same Crate Paper collection these caught my eye too!
One trend that's showing up alot this year that I'm drawn too is mixing in metallics with colours and Pink Paislee have a whole line with just metallics that I think will be great to mix in with other lines. They're metallic basics of copper, gold, silver and black in solid metallics and glitters. I particulaly like these chipboard embellishments:
Well I'm going to wrap this part up now and will get back with more as I'm sure they'll be more to browse through as CHA kicks off next week. If there's anything you've seen that you'd like to be in kits this year let me know in the comments and I'll pop and check them out.
x Leo

4 comments:

  1. Oh me I'm loving it all. Will it all fit in the kits I wonder? Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look awesome & I 'd be happy to see them in kits (I'm glad you saw the Allison Kreft stuff - really hoping that turns up in a kit!)

    Also, I'm really liking the new varities of Thickers - have you seen the sketchbook ones from Studio Calico?

    Have you seen My Minds Eye's new stuff too? I particularly like the chevron papers (my girl & boy crazy), enamel dots and the new decorative tape sets. I'm not sure how they'd work to order though... Oh and lastly - gold. I love that this is showing up in bits and pieces. Have fun picking this year Leo!

    - Hodo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow. the diecut cards are amaze. can't wait to see future kits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all - but especially the GCD basics, the Cosmo Cricket stuff and the Jenni Bowlin tapes - maybe we need a kit every week .....?!

    ReplyDelete