A Bit in the Corner

Hi
I thought I'd share a card made using the Floral Cupcake Doodle Template from the current Crafty Templates collection with you today.  The cupcake was cut twice in 2 different sizes and used in the corner of my card.  I added a very simple hand-cut candle to the front cupcake
 All of the patterned paper and some of the card used on the entire project came from the current Quirky Kit.  I've used plenty of cereal packet chipboard behind each cake to add as much dimension as possible, and cut sections of the "icing" to add to the basic cake for the same reason.

The sentiment is one of my favourite birthday quotations and  all the lettering is cut using my Craft Robo.  I cut the letters in black card as well as the coloured/patterned layer for maximum impact.  Even though both are exactly the same size you get a glimpse of the black which is really striking against the brick red of the background card. 
Extra to the  Quirky Kit goodies are:
Background brick red card and scraps of pink and black card. 
Various colours of Stickles and Ice Stickles glitter glue, gel pen, puched flower centre for the smaller flower
 I nearly just used a white background - but  before I stuck it all down permanently I did a couple of photos - one with the white background and one with the red - it's a funny thing, but looking at the results on the computer screen seems a better way to judge which way is best - its a littel trick I use quite a lot.
It took a while to put all those fontilicious bits together, but I love the way it all works and how the pastel colours look so good with the touches of black and that brick colour. 

Here are the links for the kits:


Crafty Templates http://www.craftytemplates.co.uk/craftytemplatesclub.html
 
Back soon with more Crafty Templates and Quirky Kit cards to share with you

No comments:

Post a Comment