Inspired by a card sketch

I was actually tidying up my desk when my eye fell on a sketch that was one of a number of card sketches I had printed up as card making inspiration and thought "hey, that would make a good layout". So I stopped tidying (any excuse) and started scrapping.
Here is the sketch
and here is the layout
If I had another piece of matching card stock it would have been much easier to cut a diagonal strip from that, add all the circles and then cut off the overlapping edges and then stick it down to the bottom sheet. But I didn't. However it proved quite a satisfying play time punching out all the circles and going round them with my black sharpie and then trimming and placing and re-outinling them again. Honestly. The whole thing is pretty bright and in your face but then, so were the late '80s...

Once all that was done everything else came together quite quickly. The ribbon and the birds were more scraps that nearly were thrown away instead. The photos were mounted on foam pad strips to give a bit of dimension and I used some more sequins from stash to add a bit of sparkle. The sequins in a strip are from a Quirky Card kit that must be from about 5 years ago!

I punched a larger circle from some spare cardstock and used that as a frame for my journalling which ended up at least almost circular!
These Quirky Kits have once more proved to be fabulous in the kind of range of pages they have helped me produce and challenged me to use things I normally wouldn't. Thanks again for all the inspiration Leo :)



No comments:

Post a Comment