Pinteresting take two

I thought I would have another go at the Pinterest Pointers that Leo produced. And would you beleive it? It didn't turn out the way I was expecting! That was due to the fact that I couldn't find my doily stamps which would have looked lovely on the woodgrain. And as I was too impatient to pull out ALL my stamps in order to find them, decided to try something different. As I was going to be using some of the frame paper I was inspired to use a set of Waltzing Mouse label frame stamps instead. And here is the result


although I used detail white embossing powder it has a slightly more off white look. I rather like it though and to be honest this fitted in much better with my page about my boys than doilies would have done
I used the whole sheet of ledger paper as the background and splodged three different mists in green, black and (a teeny bit of) red. Too much red looks like you have cut yourself on the page. I trimmed various toning papers and played about with them a bit until I was happy with the placement and outlined them twice with black pens. I cut a strip of the chevron paper and added black lines to echo the Dennis the Menace shirt a little more. I love the pegs but don't love how they stick out so much so took off the metal bit and stuck one half down on the page (means I have another half to play with as well!)

I had run out of "n"s so had to improvise with a cut up "w". This is the second "w" I used as you have to be careful where you trim it down otherwise it is a backwards "n". She says wisely after the event. I double outlined the thickers too but they are thin and slidey and so I wouldn't bother doing that with this type again!

After adding the journalling (hurray for printed lines as well) I knew it needed something more and retrieved the leaves from the kit. Keeping the three with long stems in the little paper coil helped with sticking them down (I used glue dots). I also added some Imagine That stamps with red ink which I outlined with a thin black pen.
and added a touch of Stickles to the heart in the middle of this image which was stamped onto a circle cut from more of the woodgrain paper.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Lythan! Those costumes are so cute and the colours on the page really make the most of them

    ReplyDelete