The dustbin style of scrapping

aka why throw that scrap away when you can just add it to your layout?
I am really supposed to keep my scrap area clean and tidy as it is a corner of our bedroom. (Not that the rest is that clean and tidy mind you) but sometimes I go from one project to another without really tidying up in between and so some little bits end up on my table that should really go into the bin.
But with this page somehow some of them ended up on the layout instead!

I added some grey cardstock to the kit (one of my favourite staples) and started layering up papers behind my photo. I embossed the first mat with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and added some washi tape around it as well.

The "love you more" portions of paper are the tear off strips from the bottom of the 12x12 Dear Lizzy paper and the white circles are some of the off cuts that were just on my desk!

I also challenged myself to use some of the paper flowers. I'm not really good at using paper flowers. So many other people seem to gather them together and make them look awesome. Not me. Mind you I am not good at arranging real flowers either... Anyway I was inspired by my daughter's flower hairband and decided to ink some of the white flowers - two were smooshed in yellow ink and one in yellow and red.

I added some little punched hearts and added some real holes and some pretend stitching. I stuck the wooden speech bubbles directly on top of my photo. As before I halved the clothes peg and this time added some of the gold ribbon around it. I echoed this by adding more of it around a large punched heart and by sprinkling some tiny gold sequins from my stash across the page
See what you can do with your leftovers as well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment