Hi there!

So glad to be sharing a layout with you today! The main kit is lots of fun to play with and I love all those misting ideas Leo shared yesterday, I wonder how many of them you can incorporate into your layouts?

I used a few techniques for this layout which I'll explain after you've had a look...

OK, so the first technique with the turquoise mist was just plain ol' misting...the nozzle gives a lovely fine spray unlike some other misting products out there. I dabbed off the ink with paper towel straight after applying to the card to stop the colour from being too intense.

The second technique with my own darker blue mist was to apply a small amount of ink directly to the card and then use a large acrylic block to kind of smoosh it around randomly, I especially like how it shows up the texture of the background paper. I recommend you practice this first though just to see how much ink you want to apply, a little can go a long way, and don't forget your kitchen roll! I also used this ink to make a few splodges (technique 3!)

Technique four was to spray both inks lightly onto the organza ribbon provided with the kit to help it tone in with the beachy coloured theme of my page.

Want to take a closer look? Here you go...

Aren't those transparent alphas just divine? Perfect for this page :) You will be seeing lots of sunny pictures from me in the next few weeks, everytime the sun comes out so does my camera! Any questions about this page? Ask away...

Until next time,

Nikki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment