A sunny skyline layout

Hi There!

I'm back into the swing of things now the summer holidays are over and I must admit it has been nice getting back into a routine. Leo sent me the skyline lit kit to play with and a few extras from the embellishment kit so I looked over my holiday snaps and the one that shouted "scrap me!" first was an adorable pic of DS3 wearing his older brother's bright orange shades. So I printed it off with the 'Hello Chevron' PPs fron Carta Bella in mind to use however my printer decided to make the sunglasses the exact yellow of the gorgeous Heidi Swapp sunburst paper, it was a fait accomplis!
So, after cutting the sunburst out and distressing the edges I flicked yellow inks et it too. I then layered it over the beautiful Carta Bella PP that reminded me of the summer sky making sure I had the darker part of the paper at the bottom of the page. After the base of the layout was complete I made my main embellishment, the banner, using the chipboard stickers in the kit and my own die. I layered the photo over the 'hello' journalling card and added vellum doilies, stamped and embossed in white. A few more strips of paper from the other side of the Heidi Swapp PP completed the photo mat. I coloured the white BG stickers Pink to make up the title and used an alpha from a previous Quirky kit to complete it. To create the visual triangle I made the 'snapshot' banner out of black CS and the black flair button is from my stash. I still felt the Layout needed more texture so I lifted the edges of the sunburst and added strips of 'bird on a wire' PP (also from a previous kit, I love that everything works together!). To finish I added one of the chipboard cameras over stamped with text in grey and a wood veneer camera embossed in yellow.

And that's my layout! Thank you for reading today, I hope you are having fun with your kits too!

Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment