Typically Cornish

This layout features the "Stitch in time" kit. I began the layout by spreading some Paper Artsy grunge paste through a stencil. I was going to add colour to it but in the end liked it as it was, sort of echoing the wall of the tin mine in texture.

I was inspired by a sketch again - I do find them useful when I want to add layers to a page. This one is from Studio Calico 
Great sketches but I know which kits I prefer!
I did some double outlining on this page i.e. I went round the edge of everything with a Sharpie pen and then added doodled lines around the inside with a fine liner. I do find that this helps to give definition to each lovely patterned paper. I fussy cut three of the cameras and layered these in with a chipboard button and some of the stickers from the sheet supplied.

The journalling tag had its scallop cut off because I forgot how I was outlining the page and added Distress Ink instead of pen. It cut out nicely with a Nestability die and I have saved it to use on another project!

I liked the look of the old tape on one of the papers but wanted to give it dimension so I outlined it and carefully cut round it so that one of the photo mats could slide underneath

No comments:

Post a Comment