Love is all you need

Hi there!

I have a different layout to show you this time, well different for me I think! Having three sons I don't often get don't often get to show my feminine, romantic side but following on from my success in incorporating hearts into a 'boy' layout I decided to go one step further and use pink! Not too much I grant you but mixed with soft neutrals I'm so happy with how it turned out!

I started off with cream cardstock and layered strips of Close knit 'Needle & Thread' and the Amy T cut and paste cardstock over the top. I then experimented with a strip of the wide lace from the embellishment kit, placing it directly onto the cardstock first before deciding to see how it would look if I misted through it on scratch paper. then I wondered if I could 'stamp' with it so I tested that too, rolling over it with a brayer. I decided that although the misted lace looked fab (definitely one to keep in mind another time) the stamped lace would achieve the softest look so that's the one you see on my page! I added a border of punched lace from the polka dot party PP and my base was complete.

I really went to town with the layered bunting! I cut bunting shapes out of the misted lace and cut a maya road doily into sixths, mixed in a load of fabric labels and buttons, a few punched hearts, sequins, stickers and (deep breath) a sparkly peg. I just arranged them on a strip of paper until I liked what I saw and stuck it all down with glue adding some embroidery floss to the buttons before adding it to my page. With such a busy border I kept the rest of the page pretty simple adding a few enamel hearts and a bit of journalling which hopefully explains why DS3 looks so woebegone!

I have to confess I'm a little bit in love with this layout...I hope you like it too!

{hugs}
Nikki xxx

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this Nikki, it is just gorgeous, I think I need to try stamping with lace and the absolutely fab bunting.

    ReplyDelete