Making a Splash

Hi there!

I broke into the 'Homemade' lite kit for this layout. I used a few pieces from the embellishment kit too, mainly the T Collins die-cut sheet and a few stamps, letter stickers and washi from my stash, wanna see?
I started by drawing a border of white pen round the navy CS and stamping chevrons and arrow in white ink. I used the striped BG paper and Polka Dot party PP as the main layers for my photo mat before tucking in various die-cuts that followed the nautical theme of my page. For the cloud I die-cut one of the wood veneer panels as I knew I wouldn't use them on a page, I have no Autumn pics to speak of! I used a wafer thin die and I have to say it didn't cut all the way through, but a craft knife easily resolved the problem. I doodled round some of the embellishments to make them stand out more and added a little embellishment cluster at the bottom of the page. I amost always leave the title til last on my layouts, I rarely plan where I'm going to put it and sometimes this causes me a few problems! No problem here though, I had lots of lovely white space on my picture to place the title, I knocked back the colour of the wood veneer alpha with a bit of picket fence distress stain and used a few letter stickers from a previous kit to finish.

A lovely action shot of DS2 enjoying the pool on our holiday in France this year.

See you soon!

Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment