Snap!

Isn't it fun that the wonderful Nikki chose to use a lot of those lovely canvas bits and bobs in the kit as a banner? Guess what? So did I! Although they have turned out quite differently. I adore the soft colours and textures on her layout. Here is mine
I had a lot of fun gathering together items from all three of the kits and creating extra tags and banners and layers. I stuck everything on and then added the string afterwards (much easier than sewing!)

after I had stuck everything down I decided that a little bit of black outlining would make this layout more "me". As ever, this is something that is better done earlier in the process. I added some drops of white mr Huey. The big blobs are done with a round paintbrush. They were still not dry 12 hours later so needed some help with a heatgun (after one had been helped by a finger). I love the random string that I have seen on other layouts so decided to add that detail with just one layer of the thread as opposed to 6 threads together as you get on a skein.

This layout was such fun to create (much more fun than standing where a cliff could collapse at any minute!) and came together pretty quickly - if you take out the drying time for the dots of mist

No comments:

Post a Comment