A touch of gold

Well actually rather a lot.
Which made photographing this layout quite a task!
 One of the important reasons for having children is of course to embarrass them. And we find it hard to stop. There are plenty of photos of us looking normal but when you have a tripod and a remote (and photoshop!) then it isn't long before our silly side comes out.

So I wanted to create a layout that was both playful and proud at the same time.
I began by taking one of the pieces of white cardstock and adding gold gelato which I then wet with water and allowed to run down the page. I also added some Heidi Swapp mist in Gold Lame (which is a must have if you love golden crafty things) (and I would put an accent on that e if I could remember how as it is not Lame at all...). Again this was painted on and allowed to drip down.

Then it was left for several hours to dry.

Well it would have been if I was sensible. There was a lot of water on the top of this page and I didn't leave it long enough or use a heat gun which made the letters very hard to adhere later on.

I cut random strips of different papers from the kits that had gold or yellow or black elements in them including the washi tape, mirrored card and voile and then spent time playing about until I decided I was happy with the layering. The photos were added on top using foam pads to give some dimension
I added some Heidi Swapp Gold mist to some of the chipboard arrows.
ooooooooh they look so lovely
And then stuck some of the gold letters alongside some tiny typed letters from stash to make my title at the top
And finally some of the words from the Crate Paper Market paper that summed things up so well - attached with my tiny attacher. If I had thought, I could have sprayed the staples gold before I started - but maybe that would have been a touch of gold too far?


 




No comments:

Post a Comment