White rabbits

Maybe I should have saved this one for the first of the month?
My layout was inspired by this Creative Scrappers Sketch
I tend to start off by following the sketch and then going in a totally different direction. This one began with layered squares but ended up with only 3. And not quite squares and not quite as symmetrical as the sketch either
but I like it and that is what matters!
I used the grey cardstock from the kit and first took some texture paste and a dotty mask and made random dots on my layout.
I then chose 3 photos of my daughter and had fun layering lots of different papers behind. The bottom right photo had a delicate frame made from two oval dies on the top - one of the many echoes of the sketch that you can see.
Because I used a lot of papers, I went round the outside of each one with a thin black liner. I make sure that my lines are not totally straight. That makes the fact that I can't draw straight lines a design feature rather than a flaw!
I used a lot of those lovely Heidi Swapp word stickers. You may have observed that "yay" is not one of the words - I cannibalised two stickers to make that work!
It is a bit scary placing the stickers on the photos - you have to do it carefully and then be happy wherever they are as there is no peeling them off again!
I added one of those fab puffy arrows as a focal point
as well as some grey brads from my stash.
The title was cut on my Cameo and liberally sprinkled with glamour dust. I added two gems from my enormous pile of them because the letter i dots were just too tiny to do anything with
I love the mix of golds and greys/silver in these kits - it is amazing how many different looks you can get from the papers and embellishments





No comments:

Post a Comment