Embellishing Ideas with the May/June Quirky Kits

Hi, Leo back again.

At this stage of making stuff with the kits I tend to have a bunch of leftovers so what I usually do is bundle them all together to see what I can make. With this layout I started out with some small patterned paper off cuts and just randomly layered them across the middle of the white cardstock background. I then added my photo and then gathered together a mix of embellishment from each of the May/June kits and built them up around the photo. All the different kit embellishments are easy to mix together as they're all a mix of black and white or bright colours so you can't go wrong!


This bit was fun to do I used the gold thread and wrapped it around four fingers on my hand to make a loose bundle then placing it down on the layout I carefully pulled the looped thread apart and then used Glossy Accents to glue it to the layout behind the large flower die cut. I then used some of the wood veneer embellishments and the enamel dots to glue the rest of the loose thread to the layout:

The card I made for Daring Cardmakers this week also used embellishments from the kits so I'll share it here too. The challenge was to not use scissors to make a card so raiding my kit ready made embellishments was essential! I used stamps to create the background and then the embellishments are more of the Maya Road butterflies from the embellishment kit this time with gold leaf glued to the back, (you could do this with any coloured foil or even maybe glitter if you use Glossy Accents or PVA glue) and one of the MME badges from the main kit with more of the loose gold thread glued underneath.



Stay tuned because this weekend it's the Scrap365 + Quirky Kits Blog Hop! The Scrap365 design team will be sharing ideas using the May/June kits. I'll be sharing my go here and sharing all the links to everyone taking part in the blog hop or you'll be able to check out the details on the Scrap365 Blog from Saturday.

x Leo

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous :) thanks for the kits....been loving them for ages xxxx

    ReplyDelete