Inspired by Pinterest 2

I do like having something to kickstart my creativity - be it a sketch or some Pinspiration (although I try not to go on there TOO much as I don't really understand it all and get a bit lost so I am very glad Leo puts together Pinterest boards for each kit like this one)
On the board was this fantastic light and airy looking layout by Cindy Lee
Just beautiful.
I took it and gave it my slightly more grungy look using the kit.
Not quite such a cute baby - but a memory worth recording!

I added some dots of Heidi Swapp mist in Amethyst but this came out way darker than I expected - almost black.
I mixed up papers from both the kits, fussy cutting some of the Heidi Swapp flowers and lining that fab turquoise dot vellum with white cardstock. I did the same for the clear "life is good" embellishment.
There is a lot of pen work on this layout - adding a border with a black sharpie pen and then on the inside of each paper with a fineliner.

(In case you haven't heard how to do the Sharpie thing and would like to - you need to lay a piece of patterned paper flat onto some scrap paper
and draw a line almost off the edge of the patterned paper, so that most of it ends up on the scrap but there is a lovely distinct line on the patterned piece.

It needs practice but then you can do it fairly quickly. HOWEVER , every now and then your hand will slip and you need to be prepared to cover up the skid with something creative. I managed to do all of this layout without problems but there is usually something to hide. However I love the look when I want definition but not as much as inking the edges gives so I persist with it.)

I wanted to add the black crepe ribbon but it was too wide. There are several options I could have gone for but I went for the easy one. I folded it in half and stapled it with my tiny attacher and then coloured in the staples with my black Sharpie pen and now they are invisible. It gives a kind of "bias binding" look. (And meant I needed to raise the photo mat and the flowers on foam pads, but I like that dimension)
I love the chalkboard effect envelopes so I added one in that I thought made a great subtitle to the layout.
The "hello" was super cute as it was - but didn't have any purple on it. I added some of the mist when I sprinkled the layout but again it was rather dark so I search my supplies and came up with a purple glitter pen that I added a few touches with. I also coloured in the back of three of the wooden chevrons with the same pen
you may have noticed that I might have run out of "u"s. I quite like the cut down "0" look....
All that was left to do was to add a spot of journalling, a sprinkle of sequins and a brace of beautiful butterflies.

its not at all like the original layout but you can see the inspiration there. I reckon I will use this as a jumping off point again as with different embellishments and papers you can change the look completely




No comments:

Post a Comment