More May/June 2014 kit ideas

Hey there, it's Leo here with a few thing I've been making with the current May/June kits.
I've been saving up ideas on the Crafty Templates Pinterest Board when I've seen something on Pinterest that gives me an idea for making a project with the new kits or just something to try out. Like Lythan in the previous post I loved this layout I pinned. What caught my eye was the use of the black and white stripes with the white die cuts and I knew it was something I wanted to try out with the main kit and that lovely chunky back and white stripe Heidi Swapp paper.




 I started out by pulling out the plainer papers from the main kit and layering them up together. The vellum in the main kit I turned over so the silver side shows and layered it over the top of the coloured papers from the kit to knock them back a little bit so the overall impact comes from the black and white. The die cuts I made with my old Cuttlebug dies using a petal shaped one and a poppy flower one and just die cutting from white cardstock. I added in some of the Basic Grey diecuts from the Embellishment Kit just to add a little more floral embellishment and colour. The loose thread layer in the bottom right section of the layout I've made by wrapping the gold thread from the main kit loosely around my fingers then sticking it down to the layout with a little bit of doublesided tape then gently pulling out the thread to loosen them. The enamel dots from the Embellishment kit were then added on top with a little bit of Glossy Accents glue to gold them down.

The layered were built up by mixing paper pieces, embellishment and using foam square pads in between one of the layers just to give it a little more lift and help the die cuts stand out against all the layers.


The next layout was made with mostly the Lite kit. I used a little bit of the Basic Grey paper from the main kit running along the top and bottom of the layout just to use up a leftover strip on my desk.


To start with this one I used the plainer pattern sides of the Lite kit papers as I was going for a simple 'gold and white/cream' look taking inspiration from this layout. I added a little bit of embellishment mixing in the enamel dots from the Embellishment kit with the Lite kit stickers and a bit of pencil top eraser stamping in gold:


Last up a couple of cards made with the Lite kit and Embellishment kit.
With this one I die cut a circle of card then stamped on it with triangle pencil eraser top stamping and added the sticker from the Lite kit. For the sequins I sprinkled them on to the paper first then glued them on where they sat. The greeting circle bit I added over the top with 3D foam pads. The envelope was made with a WRMK envelope punch board and a paper from an older kit, they're brilliant for using up patterned paper pieces.


This next one was made just with the Lite kit using one of the cards cut from the Teresa Collins paper with a little bit of stamping added and a sticker from the sticker sheet and one of the buttons to make the main embellishment. The vellum paper layer was added to the card blank first then a piece of the Teresa Collins paper with the polka dots and then the card embellishment on top.


 I'll be back soon with more ideas! I've spent a couple of days working solidly with these kits and have all but used it all up so have lots more project to share but I'l l space them out a bit posting them here. I've also finished a layout that'll feature here as part of the Scrap365 blog hop we'll be joining in with at the end of the month.
x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment