The best feeling?

Well, one of the best feelings in the world is when a Quirky Kit package arrives and you open it up and spend ages oohing and aahing and trying to think about what to create.
I had to wait a few days to play so kept opening everything up and putting it back again and just itching to dive in.
And now I have!
I'm afriad there is a slight difficulty with the kit (gasp!)
the good news is that for someone like me for whom this is so true
 
the kit is perfect. Lots of every so lovely shiny, shiny things.
The difficulty is photographing something that is very shiny!
 
as the sparkle is just a little less subtle than it is in real life - as I hope you can tell from the close ups.
I took some inspiration from the Joy Cho pin on the Crafty Templates Pinterest board this month. I loved the paper flowers but decided to use other bits and pieces to create a feature for the page. I layered up papers from the Its My Party kit

(bit of a flashback for me as that song was played in school at lunchtime every day for about 6 months. Unless the boys rested control of the music in which case it was the Stranglers. Which I preferred. But probably "Shahshahagogo" or "Don't Bring Harry" would not make for such fun scrapbooking kits. But I digress....)

I had great fun sorting through the embellishment kit and using pieces from the Basic Grey Highline embellishments, the Maya Road butterflies and one of the badges from the main kit.

I was going to call the layout "Mum and Dad" - which is certainly not quirky and uses a lot of the same letters. I wanted to use the ampersand and so needed something similar. I went for the names my children call them - Nain and Tadcu (gran and gramps in Welsh) which helped me think about what I wanted to say. I dug out some very old small thicker style letters from my stash to write "not quite". The observant among you will note that "Nain" suffers the same problem as "Mum" but it is easier to doctor another letter to create an "N" than an "M"
 
then came the really fun bit! Firstly I took some of the MME enamel dots. I was supposed to use more of them but they are so lovely I had to save some of them for another project. I chose some of the little wooden Pink Fresh Studio hearts and scattered them about.  I turned the yellow ones over as they didn't match and I quite liked the neutral addition. I then added the sequins and glued everything into place with Tombow Mono Multi Glue (despite the long name you can get really tiny dots of glue!). Then came some of the really tiny confetti from May/June 2013 and finally various stickles and liquid pearls.
quite time consuming but I do like the effect.

Now I'm off to make some more shiny layouts. And listen to the Stranglers....

No comments:

Post a Comment