Pillow Talk

Hello, Kathy here today
Leo sent me a "selection box" of gorgeous stash from the newest kits and I'm having a fab old time delving in to see what I can find to create with.

I was all geared up to make a card when my new pillow box die (which was still unopened) fell off the shelf as I was grabbing for a blank card....well, maybe it was a sign....
So it seemed rude not to go with the flow and use kit and new die to make this little gift box.

The Carta Bella "Seashells" paper is textured and really thick, so just perfect for a pillow box
I chose to keep with the beach shades and cut a strip of the Shimelle AC "Granville" paper long enough to go right round the box with a bit of an overlap. I used a Martha Stewart border punch along one edge.
I felt it needed something else, another colour to balance things out a bit, so found some nice dark blue paper from my stash and did the same as with the turquoise chevron paper.  Once these two strips were attached, I tied some cream Seam Binding around it with a simple knot.

For the tag, I glued a scrap of the "Seashells"onto a small piece of turquoise card from the kit, then cut the tag with a die.
The teeny tiny letters are from the Websters pages sheet and the star is one of the cute little wooden embellishments - I added a bit of glitter glue and some Glossy Accents for some extra bling and tied the tag to the ribbon with a really thin piece of raffia

From the Kit:
Carta Bella "Seashells" paper
Shimelle AC "Granville" paper
Turquoise card
Websters pages tiny alpha
Wooden star embellishment

Back soon with more....
Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment