A bit dotty

 I knew that I wanted to have a central circle feature on my layout so made a circle template and painted some gesso through it.

I also wanted to challenge myself in the use of the mist in the kit. So firstly I painted some onto some of the patterned paper. Then once the gesso circle was dry I also painted with the mist through the stencil.
And THAT went rather horribly wrong.
I think it would have been better if I had mixed up either some gesso or even better a little texture paste to make it less runny as the mist did go to places it was not supposed to.
Which is why there is all the black pen work - to give some definition to the splodge and then to balance it with everything else.

I then layered up the papers and tags on the right hand side, stuck down some punched circles, then added the title and the two lots of journalling.
And THAT was the second mistake.
I so wish I had put the Bible quote on the top part of the circle rather than on the camera. It looked so out of balance.
So I decided to fill in the top half of the circle with lots of the tiny embellishments in the kits, also scattering them amongst the circles.
The finishing touch was more of the rub ons. I do adore the way that you can cut bits out and make your own phrases.

No comments:

Post a Comment