At the Seaside card

Hello
Kathy here again with an almost Clean and Simple card to share with you.


I absolutely adore the Websters Pages "Feeling Nautical" paper that I found in the "selection box"  Leo put together from the newest kits for me to play with.
There are lots of beautiful and tempting goodies in there, but this paper is (probably) my favourite and I think I have been very brave by cutting into it!  As you'll see, I only used a little bit though!
Kit stash used:
 "Feeling Nautical" paper - Websters Pages
 "Granville" paper - Shimelle AC
Scraps from various other papers in my box for the bunting

I cut a strip pr the patterned paper,  I wanted the whole of the lighthouse to show, so used that to determine the height, then cut a strip of the "Granville" paper, just slightly wider for the backing strip.

I cut out and glued onto some scrap card a detail from the paper to make the "badge" as it seemed the perfect sentiment for the card.   I used a Spellbinders circle die to cut and emboss it, then inked around the edges and added a smaller card circle on the reverse for extra dimension
The bunting is just hand-cut with scissors from whichever bits of paper in the kit matched the colou8rs in the main design.  You know those bits you get on the bottom of sheets of paper where the maker's info is?  Well.they often have little colour match strips too, which are just perfect for cutting bunting from ;)

My tip of the day comes next - I didn't have any twine of the right colours to use on this card so I inked some natural-coloured stuff to match - now that's not much of a tip, you probably do that already - but it's a messy old thing to do isn't it?  So here's my tip - "bandage" your index finger with sticky tape (not to tightly or it's hard to get off later),  Cut the twine longer than you need so you can leave the ends clean, starting an inch or so from the end press and hold the twine into the ink pad with your taped up finger and pull through a couple of times.  If there are still uninked areas, put the twine on some scrap paper and just use the ink remaining on your taped finger to cover those bits - just remember to leave it to dry before using it. 

That's it for this time, thanks for visiting, back again soon with more

No comments:

Post a Comment