Sometimes more is more

I absolutely adore the background paper I've used here. Such lovely texture with the cracks, the stencilled flowers, the words down one side and scraps of paper on the other. So I wanted that to get a chance to show off. But there is still a lot more going on with this page. LOTS of layers, lots of little sequins and shine. Lots of words (handwritten, rub on and sticker variety).

By the time I made this page the Theresa Collins stickers had arrived so I wanted to feature a few of them. I am not a big fan of pre-printed details in that they can look a bit flat. So I added some of the stickers and papers to the design on the right hand side of the page, and also outlined everything.

With a pair of big scissors I cut strips of different papers that I felt toned with my photo. The grey circle had to be added in the end because my measuring went slightly wrong! If I only have scraps left then I often cut them in half and add layers on top. Somehow my gap was too big here so I had to improvise (because of course everything else was stuck down by that stage).
 I cut up the white tag so that I had a bigger area to journal on. I was really pleased with my journalling spot and so may well use this technique again. I utilised more of the fabulous rub ons, all the stickers from the various kits and every type of bling as well. After all, a layout about light needs plenty of sparkle!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment