Being inventive

I live in lovely Devon by the sea, as you may be aware if you have been following this blog for a while. The downside of living in lovely Devon by the sea is that this year, when everyone else has been enjoying snow and the amazing photo oppportunities it brings, we just had rain. (to be honest you can replace any weather choice at the beginning of that sentenve and it would still end "we just had rain"...)

Its not really a problem except when your Quirky Kit has some gorgeous snowflake type embellishments and you have no snow. So what should you do? Use them anyway!
 
Again I just used the Dear Diary main kit
I had the idea of cutting some of the papers to echo the colourful umbrella. But when I first laid it all down it looked a bit bare. I had also noticed the song lyrics on the Kaisercraft Hello Today Collection ‘Document’ paper and that inspired me to add some more sunshine to the page (plus there wasn't really any yellow to match the umbrella in the papers). So I got out a yellow gelato and rubbed it on the cardstock, smearing it about with my finger. The Bazzill Salt dot textured cardstock has a lovely tooth to capture the colour. 

I also decided that even though there was no snow on this day, it was cold so I would use the acetate shapes anyway. I covered some of them with Frosted Lace stickles and some with a more translucent one. The "Brrr" was coloured in with a blue gelato on one side and has the Frosted Lace stickles on the other (which made a bit of an escape, but did help to attach the acetate to the photo)

The other acetate pieces were stuck down with glue dots, hidden under the sequins.
All the papers were given a good coating of Black Soot Distress Ink on the edges and also given an outline with a thin black pen for extra dimension.

I used one of the Pretty Little Studio, train ticket tags to record the date and another as a journalling spot. This might be because I circled the wrong date on the first tag but I couldn't possibly comment....
I cut out the title using some letter dies, paper and cardstock. I cut each letter twice from scrap cardstock and once from the patterned paper and stuck them all together with matte Medium from Ranger. This gives the letters some extra dimension.
And there you have it - a not so snowy, snow embellished page

No comments:

Post a Comment