Always proud

Do you ever have an idea for a scrapbook page and then it turns out somewhat differently? That is what happened with this page. It was going to be about how we did exactly the same photographs with his brother two years before (also immortalised using a Quirky Kit here) but it became something deeper which is apt due to "stuff" going on in his life. (finding work is not easy even when you ace your degree). And Quirky Kits are so great in that they always deliver what you need to make a page just right


The same papers that looked so light and pretty on my other layouts seem to manage to be bold and graphic on this one! (gotta love double sided paper). I'd used quite a lot of one side of the Maggie Holmes memento paper before but thought that the "1" from the other side ought to feature, so it was raised on foam pads. 
I used a few of the other papers in strips on the top and the bottom, going for a double outline.
In the middle I used a lot of the Fancy Pants Happy Place ‘All Positive’ paper along with snippets from Kaisercraft My Year My Story ‘All Sorts' paper. The "be" phrases are from the Kaisercraft sticker sheet.

I added in a few more of the words and phrases from Kaisercraft and mixed up the Fancy Pants puffy stickers with the Thickers from the kit for my title. 
I used 3 of the Fancy Pants labels for different things on the layout. And yes, you would think that after 6 years going back and forth to the place (as well as living next to it for 6 years before that) I would be able to spell TeesSide....



No comments:

Post a Comment