La la love

I thought this card was perfect as a title for this page. I loved the singing that accompanied our lunches in Funchal town and the men who so enjoyed their work. Well worth recording!

 I used one of the sketches from the Simple Sketches supplement, and used exactly the same paper at the back as it suggested (Lazy). I did add some stripes of different papers to the base paper though - can't keep too religiously to the sketch!

To use some more kraft I brought in one of the to-do list papers. As well as the big card from the Alcott embellishment kit I also like another card that said "what a treat"
I cut off the end and then couldn't resist adding the macarons on the card around the page. We didn't actually eat any of those but they look prettier than a toasted sandwich!

The music note was a left over from a previous kit. I managed to squeeze it in so that the glue dots anchoring it in place are not visible (go me). Obviously I made life easy for myself by writing the journalling after sticking it down and then deciding that it would look good to see some of the writing underneath the note.....
I fished out some of the oh so cute Simple Stories Life in Color Ephemera die cut pack from the main kit as well as the vellum heart from the embellishment kit. Some of the die cuts were raised up on foam pads for effect. I've left the labels purely as decoration but wonder how long it will be before I cave in and write something on them!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment