Presenting...ENYA! Our new puppy!

Ok before I start my post properly I want to make a couple of apologies.

Firstly, I'm sorry I have been absent from posting so far this month I have been so hectic. I was actually on holiday for the second week of the kit coming out (luckily I'd managed to get 4 layouts done before my holiday). Then the day we got back from holiday I had to go and pick up my new puppy Enya so I've been uber busy with potty training her (I swear it's just like looking after a newborn baby lol) and when I was ready to post this months layouts I noticed my laptop charger had decided to go for a walk...meh
FINALLY I managed to find it and here I am!

Secondly, because of new puppy ^^ my pages are going to start heavily featuring her first year as I am making her her own album. But that out of the way I am overwhelmed with this months kit and here is my first layout...


So with Enya's album I am going with the A4 theme again, it's just so cost effective and more challenging than a 12x12..although I will never stop making 12x12's cause I love them too much and fellow design team member Melanie will probably kill me hehehe. :D

For this layout I used the following
From the Main Kit:

  • Bazzill Tropical 12x12 cardstock

From the Lite Kit: 

  • Dear Lizzy Happy Place Beachy Betsy 12x12 patterned paper
  • Cloud Nine Blissful Cut-apart sheet
  • Fancy Pants Millie & June Royal Blue Alphabet Puffy Stickers
From the Embellishment Kit
  • Pebbles Jen Hadfield Everyday cardstock stickers
  • Jillybean Soup self adhesive Teal Sequins
How I made my layout

I started of my using an A4 sheet of cardstock from my stash and decided I wanted to heavily embellish the right side. I cut 2.5x2.5" squares of the Beachy Betsy patterned paper and mounted them onto slightly larger pieces of the Bazzill Tropical cardstock to make them stand out.

I then chose where I wanted my photo to go and laid that onto a piece of vellum also from my stash (I'm slightly obsessed with using vellum at the moment, especially for printing my journalling on). I typed up my journalling on my laptop and printed it onto the vellum and stapled it to the page underneath the photo.

I used one of the pieces from the Cloud Nine cut-apart sheet to pop Enya's Birth Date on, and then using the Pebbles Jen Hadfield everyday cardstock stickers I went to town embellishing. (I don't usually embellish this heavy but I had another pack in my stash from a recent haul I did)

I finished off this layout by adding an arrow and heart from the same Everyday sticker sheet pointing towards my title Enya which was made using the Fancy Pants Millie & June Royal Blue Puffy Alpha's and some Jillybean Soup teal self-adhesive sequins.

This will be the first page in Enya's album as it's got her birth info and such on it. I can't wait to make some more and watch her album grow as she does!

I'm thrilled with the result of my page and I think the colours really work. I am a huge fan of everything Jen Hadfield brings out anyway so for Leonora to include them in the kits just made me squeal with excitement!
I'll be back soon with my next layout..
until then...Happy Scrappin! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment