Obachama

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas! As well as the usual spending time with family, eating and watching TV I was especially excited to open two new sets of watercolours. I thought they'd be fun to use on my first layout with the 'Lagom' main kit and 'Fika' embellishment kit. I used a photo I particularly like with my Japanese grandma that was taken in the summer, even though these kits may seem wintery or festive at first glance you're certainly not limited.
I painted large flowers because 1. We were visiting a garden 2. My grandma always make me think of flowers. As you can see below I used the paint with lots of water to make the colours soft and pretty.


 For this layout I did a very small embellishment cluster with a Craft Perfect bow and Freckled Fawn  puffy sticker, they're small and subtle but add a bit of dimension.
I layered behind the photo with the lightest and brightest pattern papers and journaling cards from the kit, I tried to arrange them in a wonky way so they'd seem more naturally placed.
I love this technique of using a fine liner to draw letters then cutting around them. Each letter is individual and you could use any paper, size or font to match your page. For this page I wanted quite small letters for my title 'Obachama' meaning 'Grandma' in Japanese. I wrote about how I associate her with flowers in my journaling along the stems. If you'd like to see my full process, please watch my YouTube video below:

Thank you so much for looking at my page and an early Happy New Year!

1 comment: