Simple but effective

I love the shattered glass effect suggested by Leo this month.
I am rubbish at putting it together. It may look fine, but despite carefully measuring and muttering, none of the pieces are where I planned for them to go. Still, it doesn't matter in the long run!

 I chose the papers that I thought went best with the sliver, blue and yellow of the photos. I also picked out a square and a cut apart card to go on the layout. After giving everything an outline with black pen (I do like a defined edge when using lots of patterns) I basically slavishly followed Leo's sketch (well as much as badly measured papers will allow!) I rooted through the die cuts to find suitable tags and also added in some of the gorgeous watercolour tags. 


The sun was given a little bit of shine with wink of Stella pen 
I wrote my journalling 
and added the title (cut with die cut letters) Its not a spelling mistake but a pun on God's risen Son at sunrise.
Then added the butterflies. They do have amazing symbolism - on a recent page they were about change, here they represent new life, sometimes I just add them to look pretty! I glued them down with Tombow glue and hid that with the Nuvo drops

No comments:

Post a Comment