Bella Bath Time | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | May/June 2017

Hello Friends....I'm back this time with a monochromatic layout.

I took inspiration from the Kaisercraft Mischievous paper in the main kit. I loved both sides and so decided to use only half of the paper for this layout. I loved the black and white houses and so thought I would scrap about something we do at home.

I try to be frugal with my kit and get the most out of it and when I saw the polka dot tissue paper, I knew that this would be a great addition to my black and white layout. I ran a strip of adhesive vertically down the cardstock and started looping the tissue paper to create this effect. I layered the strip of house paper over the tissue paper to just have a small strip of it peeking out from under the paper.

You can see in this photo the effect that it created and I loved how this turned out. Next I used the Kaisercraft Stargaze paper to create some layers behind my photo which you can see in the photo to the left. I decided to add some silver accents to this layout too. I took inspiration from the Heidi Swapp alphas in the main kit to create my title, Bella...Bath Time. I also used one of the silver glitter Heidi Swapp bows to make the layout look more cohesive.

I then used the white Gelly roll pen from the embellishment kit to add some faux stitching to my layout. This is a great way to add "stitching" if you don't have a sewing machine or don't want to hand sew.

This pen is amazing on black cardstock. You can create some really striking stitching with this. I even used it to create some little doodles on the chalkboard labels on my first layout. You just need to give it a go and discover something new.

 I then set about adding the final touches. So I added the little square journalling spot from the ephemera pack from the main kit. I used the same technique underneath this with the tissue paper. I then added another Heidi Swapp bow to create some interest just under the journalling. I added in some word stickers from PinkFresh Studios from the Main Kit.

In the Lite kit there were some silver star sequins and decided the top right area needed something and these were perfect to complete the layout so I scattered 3 stars at the top and another 2 in the bottom left cluster and 1 more in the bottom right cluster. I added some paint flicks using white acrylic paint and finished it all off with some white enamel effects liquid from Lovecraft (from my stash).

And here is the completed layout. I love using black and white photos and then use the layout to bring the colour in but this time I reversed it and I am really happy with how this turned out.

Plenty more from me coming up....

See you

No comments:

Post a Comment