Our Bonnie Lass

Hello everyone!
I am back with my second layout using the November/December regular quirky kit. This one is featuring our puppy, Bonnie. I wanted to do a little montage of her puppy photos as they grow up so quickly and we often forget how adorable they were as babies. I used lots of the CratePaper Good Vibes collection. But check below for a full listing of the items I used and how I created this layout.

What I Used:

Crate Paper Good Vibes - All Good 12x12 Patterned Paper (Both Sides)
Crate Paper Good Vibes - Flourish 12x12 Patterned Paper
Crate Paper Good Vibes - Sticker Sheet
Crate Paper Good Vibes - Ephemera Pack
Pink Fresh Studio Escape the Ordinary - Leatherette Alphas
White Pom Pom Trim

From my own Stash:
Vellum
Tonic Studios Nuvo Glitter Drops - Golden Sunset

How I created my layout:

I started off by layering my 2x2 inch photographs onto vellum and arranging where on the page I wanted them. I had only a 4x12 inch strip of the pink Flourish patterned paper left so I cut it into 2 12x2 inch strips and popped it at the bottom of the page, leaving a gap in the middle where I wanted my title to go.
I added some red liner tape along the bottom of my page and popped on some of the lovely white pom pom trim, which works really nice because of the white polka dots on the background paper.
I used some more of the vellum, and put the leatherette pink fresh studio alphas on so my title stood out from the background paper more.
It was then time to start embellishing...my favourite part yaaaay!
I fussy cut one of the birds and some of the flowers from the All Good patterned paper. I formed a small cluster on the left side of the title and used one of the gold stars from the Good Vibes sticker sheet, as pictured above.
On the right hand side I used some more of the fussy cut flowers, alongside the cork star and love out loud pieces from the ephemera pack, using my nuvo drops from my stash on the star. The little bird was also from the sticker sheet.
The last cluster was formed to the right of the photographs. I layered up some of the larger pieces of ephemera, another cork star and a bird cut from the All Good patterned paper. I love the paint strip so much!
And that is my layout finished. Here is the overall page.
As you can see my clusters form a triangular formation and I have one star in each cluster, as well as flowers in each cluster. This is one of my favourite layouts I've made so far this year. It's so bright and cheerful, and I feel it doesn't need any journalling as sometimes the pictures tell the story.

Join me next time when I will have a blog post about using non christmassy papers to document december in my travellers notebook!
Until then, Happy Scrapping! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment