Cute things make me smile!

They do - and this kit was no exception!

Hi there from me - Suzanne Torr (aka fruitysuet online) - and a huge thanks to Leo for giving me this opportunity to guest design with this cute and funky kit. It's filled with goodies and lots of little things to oooh and aaah over (as did plenty of people at crop where I was working on this at).

So far I've done four layouts, half way through a fifth and planning either yet another layout or another little crafty something.

I'm going to break down posting my projects into more than one blog post, because there is just too much to fit into one.


I really liked the mix of papers provided - I have a boy and two girls so it gave me the flexibility to scrap both and even, like on this page, boy/girl on one page. The heart edged die cut paper is very striking and I decided to make best use of it by cutting it down into smaller sections.


I die cut a flower from the grey patterned paper and used my little hand crimper tool to add texture, lightly inking it to emphasise that texture even more. I've layered lots of other textures here too - the 'oh sooo cute' owl fabric, the airmail ribbon and even the dotty tape that held closed the bag of embellishments!

The few additions from my own stash I made from this page were inspired by things left out on my desk (yes, I really am that messy a crafter). A small section of a rub-on phrase, tiny alpha stickers, some embroidery thread, the pointy finger stamp and a couple of brads, buttons and gems.

Oh, and I thought the cannon journal spot was so fun and ideal for this page - poor Chiara is almost constantly tormented by her big brother - sparks are always flying between them!

This next page is simply fun and girly. I used lots of patterns and layered them together. I used the clouds paper LOTS in my layouts from this kit. On this page they are the perfect backdrop for the adorable bird embellishment. I kept the wire attached and folded it to add a hint of a flight trail.


I used a Martha Stewart Border punch and used some of the tiny hearts that are punched out as a result to add some extra detail.


These sheets of journal and title cards that many manufacturers produce now are one of my favourites. I love that they make titling and journaling so easy. For the title on this page, I cut down the 'love' word from one of the journal cards, attached it with foam pads and added Stickles and a couple of gems.


I layered lots of the stickers (another of my favourite products) and die cut a flower from the clouds paper and doodled around it with a white pen to echo the style of the clouds on the top part of the page. I added in some hand stitching for yet more texture and detail.


I hope you've enjoyed looking at these as much as I enjoyed putting them together. Another post with two more pages will be coming soon!

xxx's
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Love the LOs espcially how you used the diecut. It was the only thing that scared me when I opened the kit. It would make a great mask though now I look at your LO.

    ReplyDelete