"The Milk Bar" Quirky Kit - with Guest Designer Dapfnie!

Happy August everybody! Is it holiday time already?! Have you packed your bags heading to the beach?! We are still "stuck" in Dorset, but will have some days off to get the holiday feeling (and make pictures and scrap them).
Meanwhile I will show you my first layout I made with this month's Quirky Kit "The Milk Bar" and mixing in some of this month's Quirky Kit Lite 'Ice Pops'. It really was a challenge for me because those who know my style: I like it colourful! But - have a look at this layout! There's colour enough, right?!

I love the pinkish-purple PP by Sassafras - just the right colours for the flowers on my picture! As if this picture just waited for those paper ;)

The pink ribbon, (from the Quirky Kit Lite) has the perfect width to make those ruffled flowers! I added some paper flowers out of my stash and with a punched butterfly the perfect trio was arranged!


As I saw Elle's Studio handmade layers pennants I thought: they must flutter on my layout! And so they do, right?! I just used my bone folder to make those waves and glued it onto the page with two foam pads.


I just LOVE those clouds! They are perfect for every outdoor scrap page!
In the beginning I wasn't sure how to use the pink thread (I'm not a cross stitcher or embroiderer), but it kept my buttons and my cloud from falling off the page (wait until the next layout/project - there are more ideas coming!).

And as most of the time I used my sewing machine for attaching the paper - perfect with the pennants by Elle's Studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment