Going out for a Smoothie


Hello, Emy here for my last post this month. I have really enjoyed using the gorgeous Quirky kits and here is my last page using the Rocky Road Lite kit, with a series of photos I've been waiting to scrapbook since summer last year. I just hadn't found the right look to go with the pictures, but when I saw this Studio Calico patterned paper, I knew it would be perfect. The only extra thing I've used on my page are a few Kesi'art alphabet stickers .

I started my page by adding paint to the paper using the end of an old cardboard tube (with an idea to make it look a little like the ring from the bottom of a cup). You can see in this photo how I've folded over the edge of the cream patterned paper, which adds texture and adds a little bit of the turquoise which is on the back of the sheet.


I tore strips from the paper bag that was in the kit and made a ruffled strip across the page, sticking it down first with adhesive and then stitching it in place.


I coloured my calico rosette using Distress inks and a water spray to help the ink run. I used a blanket stitch around the edge of the rosette and used the Studio Calico die cut stickers to add "ribbons" under the rosette.


Hope you've had a great October and are having fun with your kits. Bye for now!
Emy

1 comment:

  1. Love this one Emy. What a great idea to use up the bag - it looks fab and the tails on the rosette with the stickers is a brilliant idea

    ReplyDelete