Back to black

Considering I wear black as a basic staple about 90% of my time, I hardly ever scrap using black as my base. So Leo has stretched me again with the black cardstock in the I'm with the band Quirky Kit.
And I have to say that I really like the result!
Helped by photos of some rather cute animals of course...
I used three of the Pink Paislee photograms (there are half a packet in a kit so you might not get the same ones, but there are lots of fab phrases to choose from). I had printed the photos at 3x2 each and it meant that they were easy to frame. As they are little stars I thought some of the punchinella would show them off. I stuck the punchinella to the back of the "Superstah" frame so that no adhesive would show through the back of the stars. I added some outlining to the frames and cut out some of the "think good thoughts" paper ready for journalling. I arranged the cards across the middle of the page and added strips of paper and washi tape at top right and bottom left of the cardstock, having first outlined the edges with a black Sharpie pen. I added a white border with a gel pen and wished I had done this before sticking down the papers as it is never easy to make a line look like it goes under the papers.

The journalling was added to the speech bubbles papers which were added to the page on foam pads to give some dimension.
I pondered how I was going to make the black letter stickers show up on the black paper and decided to use Picket Fence Distress Stain on them. It did give a nice distressed look but for more colour white acrylic might have been better. And I also wished I had taken them off the backing sheet first as some of the other letters are now not as black as they were! (As you might notice on the next layout)
Finally I punched out some circles using an EK Success Swiss Cheese border punch and a very small circle punch. These were outlined with black pen before sticking them onto the layout.



2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I have been nicely surprised by the addition of black! I went back and added the black alpha to a layout I was finishing off and I'm pleased with the pop it added

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love black as a background and it really makes the colours pop in this one

    ReplyDelete