A final flourish

I've not been able to post this week due to pressure of work and lack of sunshine! The first lot of photos I took were terrible so had another go this afternoon. So here are my last three pages with the Quirky Kit and Lite Kit combo this time round

Here is a reminder of my extracted pages. The ones left had not so much in them! As I went along I put all the scraps from the other layouts into one of the empty bags to make it easier to pull them out again as they were needed. So... starting with the bag in the middle of the top row

If you have a kit you will know that ribbon is bright pink. But I just can't get the colour right. Everything else on the layout seems pretty colour true. The candy stripe underneath the main piece of paper is the Manufacturers strip again. I had reserved the pocket of sequin stars for this layout as I thought they had the old fashioned feel that I wanted to focus on. I had been a bit stumped with the net so decided to make a flower. I cut lots of circles using a Nestabilities die and folded about 6 into quarters to make petals. These were all stuck to another circle using a glue dot. (A large one!).

As you can see I used the washi tape in both full and half thickness. To start with the layout was just called "Old Fashioned Downs" but it didn't look right. It took another day of staring to finish it off! And doesn't lined paper make journalling so much easier?

Next comes the bag of bits that is bottom right on the first photo - with the ampersand in it (love that word!)

Yes I am afraid it is yet another layout about the wonderful place I live. I've only been here four months and may not feel the same after the winter but so far it has captured my heart so it is good to celebrate it on a page. Now my children are in their late teens and early twenties I have to find lots of other things to scrap. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it!.

Taking a white piece of Bazzill from the Lite Kit, I went a bit wild with the grungy stamp using one of the blue Distress Ink pads, which was also used to edge the page. I then used a Studio Calico sunburst mask to trace and cut out the papers. The advantage of a grungy stamp is that I went back again when the papers were stuck down and you wouldn't know it was done at different times. I then layered up lots of scraps including more punchinella and another manufacturor strip that says "home sweet home"

before adding the title and tucking the journalling behind my raised up ampersand
The rest of the journalling card it was on, became three strips across the layout, cut with pinking scissors.

And finally, the packet just above the last one - with the scull material in it.

The colours of the skull material reminded me of my Muse t-shirt and as I have never scrapped about it, decided now would be a good time.

Muse, being ahead of the game (!) were using hexagonals before scrappers were so I had to use my trusty Dienamics hexagon die again to cut some of the material and random papers to match the colours on my tshirt. I stuck the last of the silver ribbon to the top of the layout and to the tag, which got tucked behind the photo. The black card stock behind the photo is not all one piece (in fact there isn't any under the tag) as I only had two smaller pieces left, but thanks to the fabby silver charm you can't see the join. A punchinella star and journalling with a white pen later and job done!

I've had a blast with these kits and it has been a lot of fun working out how to use the pieces by breaking it down into page bags. I hope that I have offered a little inspiration - though to be honest Leo does such a great job of putting an eclectic yet toning mix of papers and embellishments together she has really done the hard work for us!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lythan, it's really interesting to see how you used every last bit of the kits and there are so many ideas to pinch! Love the way you've used the leftovers in those last couple of pages and little details like the net flower :o)

    ReplyDelete