One inspiration, two layouts

With the Quirky Kit lite "Noted" came a little journalling card "Noted". I thought it would be perfect to go with some photos of me with some cider and based the whole layout around the colours inspired by both the photos and the card. Here it is
I had loads of fun with this, chopping up the papers from the lite kit. Adding those lovely sparkly stars. Layering up the stickers. The chevron arrows are cut from the strip at the bottom of the MME papers. I also added some dots of yellow, red and gold liquid pearls. The heart shape is the grey/taupe Crate Paper die cut, dry embossed and covered with red Distress Ink.
"Lovely" I thought to myself.
I sat back and admired all the little details. I took lots of photos


Then I noticed two things
1: My blogging lines are veeeeery wonky
2: Where is the journalling card?

Number 1 was easy to sort out. I added these words on the bottom of the layout
Number 2 - well I just didn't want to spoil what seemed finished.
So instead I used it on another layout!

As you can probably tell I wasn't going to use much mist on this layout...
But that plan went awry as well. Somehow the Studio Calico paper had me reaching for a Studio Calico mask and I also decided to tone down the papers from the kit in order to make them work together even more. The left hand side end of the papers were all torn for a washi tape kind of effect and everything was inked wtih Black Soot Distress Ink
The "Noted" card was cut in half and used in different places.
The asterisks come from the Thickers set
So once more in my crafting a mistake gets turned into a positive. Just as well as there is more mistake than creativity sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment