Sorry

This is another layout that didn't end up as planned but is all the better for it
It was going to be all the more bottom heavy with strips but somehow it just wasn't working.
After the leaves landing randomly on the cardstock roughly where they are now, I knew I wanted the top right to be quite light, but realised that there was almost too big a gap with the paper strips right down to the bottom of the page.

So I chopped up and added in a few more pieces and it was much better. I trimmed down those fabby birds into a neater shape and just kept layering ribbons and scraps until it felt right. I mounted the photo on the net, to give it a really light mat. I knew I wanted that yellow flower to the right of the photo. (Why? I don't know, I just liked it there!) I cut out the bike and the thin arrows using my Silhouette Machine and the leaves are a Clearly Besotted die. Everything else comes from the kits. After sticking it all down, I realised I needed just a touch more and went round all the papers and washi tape with a thin brown pen. It would have been easier to do that before the netting went on!

Anyway, I am not sorry I changed things up. I am still sorry about the bike riding thing though...

No comments:

Post a Comment